US citizen wants to pay tax on rental in Mexico -Recommendations on how to do it or who to contact PLEASE

US citizen wants to pay tax on rental in Mexico -Recommendations on how to do it or who to contact PLEASE

Hi,

I'm a US citizen and purchased a home in BCS. I am in great need of getting my taxes set up correctly and need to know the exact steps I need to take.

It is really confusing!

So far, this is what I heard: 

Some say I  may need a Temp Resident visa 

Some say I may need to contact INM to receive permission to earn money

Some say I may contact SAT office to obtain RFC

Some say I may need to hire an accountant (any personal recommendations would be great)

What I really need is to know what are the actual steps and in what specific order. 

I need to do to make this all good and legit.

I want to do the right thing and pay taxes the correct way!!

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for either a facilitator or accountant that could help me that would be great!!

Thank tons and have a fantastic day!

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You need a US accountant with experience of dealing with tax issues in Mexico @Michelle3324 

you could ask on your local host group for recommendations 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Michelle3324 , this is a topic that some of our lovely Hosts have actively discussed. I am sharing here a guide titled "US Citizen with Property in Mexico: Paying Mexican Taxes", created by our amazing Host @Karen3152.

Please take a look at the guide and let us know if you have any further questions.

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad