What documents do I need to sublet an apartment in Dubai?

What documents do I need to sublet an apartment in Dubai?

What kind of documents do I need to sublet an apartment in Dubai and how much do they cost? 

1 Reply 1

Hello @Katya145 

Here's a rundown of the documents you'll need to sublet in Dubai and an idea of the costs involved. 

1. NOC from the Landlord: This is a no Objection Certificate (NOC) from your landlord stating that they permit you to sublet the apartment. It's  usually free, but some landlords may charge a small administrative fee.

2. Tenancy Contract: This is a copy of your existing tenancy contract to prove your right to occupy the apartment. Also free (just a copy of your current contract).

3. Sublease Agreement: This is a detailed sublease agreement outlining the terms between you and the subtenant. You might need a lawyer to draft this, which can cost between AED 500-2,000, depending on the complexity and legal fees.

4. Emirates ID: This is a copy of your Emirates ID. Also free (just a copy of your existing ID).

5. Passport and Visa Copies: Copies of your passport and residence visa, as well as those of your subtenant, equally free (just copies of your existing documents).

6. Ejari Certificate: This is the registration of the tenancy contract with the Dubai Land Department through Ejari. It usually cost between AED 220-250 for registration.

Additional Considerations:

Agency Fees: If you're using a real estate agent to help with the subletting process, factor in their fees, which can range from AED 1,000 to a full month’s rent.
Security Deposit: Depending on your agreement, you might need to collect a security deposit from your subtenant, usually equivalent to one month’s rent.

Summary of Costs:
-NOC: Free (possibly a small admin fee)
- Sublease Agreement: AED 500-2,000 (lawyer fees)
- Ejari Registration: AED 220-250
- Agency Fees (optional): AED 1,000 or more

So, that's about it! Make sure you have all these documents ready and double-check with your landlord to avoid any issues. Subletting can be a great way to manage your rental space efficiently, just ensure everything is legally compliant.

Hope this helps, and happy hosting!