What documents do I need to sublet an apartment in Dubai?

What documents do I need to sublet an apartment in Dubai?

What kind of documents do I need to sublet an apartment in Dubai and how much do they cost? 

3 Replies 3

Hello @Katya145 

Here's a rundown of the documents you'll need to sublet in Dubai and an idea of the costs involved. 

1. NOC from the Landlord: This is a no Objection Certificate (NOC) from your landlord stating that they permit you to sublet the apartment. It's  usually free, but some landlords may charge a small administrative fee.

2. Tenancy Contract: This is a copy of your existing tenancy contract to prove your right to occupy the apartment. Also free (just a copy of your current contract).

3. Sublease Agreement: This is a detailed sublease agreement outlining the terms between you and the subtenant. You might need a lawyer to draft this, which can cost between AED 500-2,000, depending on the complexity and legal fees.

4. Emirates ID: This is a copy of your Emirates ID. Also free (just a copy of your existing ID).

5. Passport and Visa Copies: Copies of your passport and residence visa, as well as those of your subtenant, equally free (just copies of your existing documents).

6. Ejari Certificate: This is the registration of the tenancy contract with the Dubai Land Department through Ejari. It usually cost between AED 220-250 for registration.

Additional Considerations:

Agency Fees: If you're using a real estate agent to help with the subletting process, factor in their fees, which can range from AED 1,000 to a full month’s rent.
Security Deposit: Depending on your agreement, you might need to collect a security deposit from your subtenant, usually equivalent to one month’s rent.

Summary of Costs:
-NOC: Free (possibly a small admin fee)
- Sublease Agreement: AED 500-2,000 (lawyer fees)
- Ejari Registration: AED 220-250
- Agency Fees (optional): AED 1,000 or more

So, that's about it! Make sure you have all these documents ready and double-check with your landlord to avoid any issues. Subletting can be a great way to manage your rental space efficiently, just ensure everything is legally compliant.

Hope this helps, and happy hosting!

Thank you so much for the detailed reply! I really appreciate it!
1. Do I need Emirates ID if I am not planning to leve there yet?

2.Do I need a visa for this activity. I have been to Dubai and I went there without a visa?
3.Where can I find real estate agent to help with the subletting?
4.Do I need holiday home licence from DTCM?
5.Do I need to register a company?

Hey @Katya145 

Happy to help! Here are some answers to your follow-up questions about subletting in Dubai.

You don’t need an Emirates ID if you’re not planning to live in Dubai. However, if you do plan to spend more time there in the future, getting one might be useful for various administrative tasks.

Since you mentioned you visited Dubai with a visa, you won't need a special visa just for subletting your property.  However, if you plan to manage the property extensively from Dubai, you might need to look into a longer-term visa.

You can find reputable real estate agents through property websites like Property Finder, Bayut, or Dubizzle. It’s also helpful to ask for recommendations from other expats or local forums.

Yes, you will need a holiday home license from the Dubai Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) if you plan to sublet your property as a short-term rental. This ensures you’re compliant with local laws and regulations.

Also you don’t necessarily need to register a company for subletting one property. However, if you plan to manage multiple properties or turn this into a larger business, setting up a company might be beneficial for legal and tax reasons.

I hope this helps clarify things for you! Let me know if you have any more questions. Good luck with your subletting venture in Dubai!