taxes withheld by airbnb

Jill1058
Level 2
Bloomington, IN

taxes withheld by airbnb

Where do I see what taxes are withheld and paid for by airbnb...I live in bloomington indiana

3 Replies 3
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jill1058   Under your listing, go to Pricing and Availability, then taxes and click on edit.  If AirBnB is collecting taxes on your behalf, it will be listed there.

Chris1446
Level 2
Indio, CA

Go to Transaction History and click on the Gross Earnings Tab and download the document.  The Report will show Amount, Host Fee, Cleaning, Gross Earnings and Occupancy Tax.   I just had to do this for one of my properties.  Hope that helps.  You are taxed on the Gross Earnings column.

Andrew1124
Level 2
Fort Wayne, IN

So here is the problem. Airbnb lumps the 2 Indiana Taxes (Sales and Inn Keepers) into 1 group called "occupancy tax", and does not and cannot, according to them,  break it down into exact amounts. The problem is i need to file monthly with the state so how am i supposed to know the amounts to file for each tax??

The state tax people say that's insane, that Airbnb supposedly paying those taxes on my behalf but do not even know how much of each tax they collected and paid