!099K forms for other years; how do I find them?

Clarence1
Level 1
Palm Springs, CA

!099K forms for other years; how do I find them?

Need to supply 1099s for 4 years thanks to an audit by the City of Palm Springs.

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

@Clarence1 well, as far as I know, Airbnb does not have 1099, as It does not consider you a contractor. You can go to Payouts and download the year(s) in question and pull out your income from that. I am guessing that Palm Springs charges Airbnb Guest or Resort taxes and that is how they found out you have a business. And they probably want you to pay Gross Receipts Taxes on your income. If you do not already have a business license, then you might apply for one.  

I download the income from Airbnb to a spreadsheet and then back out the taxes from it, as I include the Gross Receipts Tax in the amount paid to me. I suspect that you will be doing something similar. But do not wait long, as you could end up with penalties and interest, if that is why they are inquiring now!

Thank  you, Rebecca.

Unfortunately, the City of Palm Springs has made being a host so unpalatable, that I have virtually decided to forego my Superhost status and terminate my hosting when the city's permit expires at the end of September.

I am sure there is a process I need to follow, which I will do, but I have already declined bookings requested for October, and thereafter.

Other than that, I have thoroughly enjoyed my 6 years with AirBnB!

Sincerely,

Clarence