1st Time Bookers/ Result 4 Star - AIRBNB ERROR Allowing 4 Stars vs 5 Stars

Yvonne418
Level 2
Seattle, WA

1st Time Bookers/ Result 4 Star - AIRBNB ERROR Allowing 4 Stars vs 5 Stars

Okay: RANTING ON For the last 5 hours....... 

I get we get couple of those low rating from people WHO DO NOT READ YOUR ENTIRE LISTING< DO NOT RESPOND ON MESSAGES AND YET GIVE 3 STAR REVIEWS!!! (AIRBNB NEVER REALLY HELPS US OUT for a TRUE REVIEW"

Ive been working my A.. off to always get 5 star. NOW>>>>

When a guest books for 1st time and is brand spanking new to Airbnb.. actually has fantastic stay rates me on 5 stars on all the questions and somehow I get a 4 star overall,  so When it happened 1st time i was like okay let me reach out. 2nd time Called support. Request review for possible errors on APP. They told me at 1st. 

'HAs to be within 48 hours of writing it; Well Guess what 1st client had passed a week so "NOTHING WAS ABLE"

So I reached out the client who did write it today. He was shocked (now out of the country ) and talked to me and Airbnb to modify it to correctly post 5 stars which I deserve! 

HE AND I SPENT 1 hour talking to AIRBNB to get possible way to modify as he didnt have a computer available.

1 hour later, 2 hour later 

AIRBNB SUPPORT DOESNT NOT HELP! Now they say cannot change review at all and that nothing they can do.

They often say well, policy this policy that... Guess what they clearly are just Third Party providers of service now.... does any of it care how much work it is for 1st time airBNER to give 5 stars! WOW! Thank you no thank you AIRBNB.

Fix your politics! HOSTS have enough changes going on, it tough to keep it all up to deal with terrible APP issues!

1 Reply 1
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Yvonne418, everyone here knows and agrees that the review system sinks. But I think that the biggest problem is that Airbnb/Uber has created this culture among hosts where we take it all too personally. To a guest 4 star means: "GOOD, enjoyable stay!" To a host it means: "someone talk me off the ledge because I haven't slept in 2 days!" It is causing a lot of hosts to burn out fast.

My suggestion to you is to put a little blurb somewhere in your space, whether it be in a welcome folder next to the restaurant recommendations or in a framed picture on the coffee table. Subtly tell the guest why the Airbnb review system is different than a hotels. Let them know that you strive for 5 stars so if there is anything that isn't 5 star about their stay to please let you known right away. Put the words 5 stars in their heads. (In one of my listings I even have the wifi password set to "5StarReview" 😉