2 people vs 4

Robyn115
Level 1
Hobart, Australia

2 people vs 4

I have an apartment listed that accommodates up to four people.

Is anyone able to explain why my listing doesn't seem to appear when searching for two guests when it is clear there are limited alternative options available?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

6 Replies 6
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Not sure what parameters you used to search, @Robyn115 but I located it on the first page with 4 guests.  I did not specify dates but I did notice that the rate shows as twice as much as your base rate even though I did not specify dates.  Do you have Smart Pricing turn on?  That would explain it.

Anyway, search for 4 works.  Hope this helps

Robyn115
Level 1
Hobart, Australia

Hi Linda,

Thanks for getting back to me however my problem is that my property doesn't come up in searches for just 2 people. While I can host 4 guests, my preference is for two or three and it concerns me that my property doesn't appear in searches with 2 guests selected even when availability for specific dates in my area is almost exhausted.

I hope that I haven't made that even more confusing.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

Hello @Robyn115, your listing coming up for me as the third result if I put in Lauderdale for 2 people. Is it possible that you're putting in dates, and you're already booked or blocked on those dates?

I don't think that anyone wil specifically search for Lauderdale but rather Hobart and other listings that are similar distance from Hobart are coming up in searches but not mine which is somewhat disappointing.

I know that when I search Hobart, Lauderdale doesn't come up in the mapped area, and I get 17 pages of results just for Hobart alone. I know that if there are few results, it shows a larger mapped area so there are more results to choose from. I'm not sure there's really anything you can do about it: it's just because your area is super saturated. You come up when you search for 4 people, because there are fewer listings that allow 4 people, so the map searches further afield. Work on getting your host metrics up, and the higher you are, the better chance you have of your listing coming up. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

Your listing is showing up for 2 guests also. If searching for "Hobart" it is outside the map due to distance, but when moving the map (or zooming out) it's showing up. I think this is correct. Best, Emiel