3 star location review

Iain-And-Kat0
Level 2
Whitsundays, AU

3 star location review

Hi 

We recently recieved a 3 star location review with a comment stating "I did not pay attention, I wanted a location in Airlie Beach". 

Our listing decription explains that we are an "Escape" located 15 minutes outside of Airlie Beach. We think it is not a true representation of our location and feel that we should not be penalised because they did not read the listing before booking. 

What does everyone think?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Iain-And-Kat0 

Not paying attention and blaming then host location is not where you want it to be....

Anthony608
Level 10
Silver Spring, MD

Location ratings have always been a problem on AirBNB.  In its original form, it was supposed to indicate if the area of the listing was safe.  This was intended to alert guests if they were going into an area where their car could be broken into, mugged on the street, etc, so that the guest could take extra precautions for their safety.

What it turned into was a mechanism for guests to give low ratings if they just didn't like the location.  As in, it was a bit too far from what they wanted to do or where they wanted to go.  It its current form, it makes absolutely no sense.  I have not had too many issues with locations recently, but earlier this year had a rash of 3s and 4s in location, mostly over the summer where tourists came to down and wanted my house to be closer to their daily activities.

Location isn't going to go away and unless its a serious problem with the guest, best to just ignore low ratings in this category and don't even reply in a rebuttal review comment.