A guest has cancelled

Answered!
Winnie22
Level 2
Elderslie, United Kingdom

A guest has cancelled

Hi 

I have just received this message from a guest but have no idea what they are looking for. I thought that they would get the invoice from Airbnb as normal,

Thanks. We will cancel but will need a formal cancellation invoice from you detailing the costs please - could you email this to

xxxxxx@btinternet.com please?
Many thanks, Anna

Anybody any ideas?

Ian

1 Best Answer
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Winnie22 🙂

I think I would write to them that you are sorry that they need to cancel but that it is airbnb that deals with cancellations. You are not able to do anything from your side. When they cancel they will automatically get money back according to your cancellation policy. 

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Winnie22 🙂

I think I would write to them that you are sorry that they need to cancel but that it is airbnb that deals with cancellations. You are not able to do anything from your side. When they cancel they will automatically get money back according to your cancellation policy. 

Winnie22
Level 2

Thanks Sandra, 

I thought that they would get the detail from Airbnb. I assume they can take a print of what they are charged from the system if they need it.

Ian

@Winnie22    Yes, I'm sure airbnb will automatically show them how much they will get if they cancel. And get a confirmation of the cancellation as well. It is weird that they want you to email them. 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Winnie22 and NEVER EVER communicate outside the airbnb message board. It's important that airbnb staff can track your message history. 

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Winni1ie

and while you’re at it, do NOT communicate further with this guest.

phone up air bnb London Number asap, explain situation and ask air bnb to communicate directly with this guest from now on on your behalf 

Winnie22
Level 2

Have you got the number as I have been looking for it on this site to no avail.

Ian

@Winnie22  Here you go:  United Kingdom +44 203 318 1111

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Winnie22  Also do not accept any message you may get regarding cancellation DECLINE it. It's a way guests put the cancellation on the host to get full refunds and some hosts are not aware of this.