Account Suspended

Alastair-and-Glen0
Level 3
Melbourne, Australia

Account Suspended

Hi Guys,

Hoping to get some clarity on the investigation process.

Apologies for detail below, but i guess I'm trying to be heard so need to put something to open this conversation.

I've previously posted about receiving a revenge review from a guest that we called her out on bringing additional guests .

In summary, customer booked for 2 (obviously that means they changed the preset minimum booking from 1).  We saw them when we were leaving the house next door which we are renovating with 5 guests in the driveway, so very politely sent a message to request if i could adjust the booking.  She agreed to the extra charges and said she didn't realise she needed to set a guest number, and also added that she felt very uncomfortable that we addressed her in that manner and felt it was inappropriate to watch her family (or something to that effect).  Advised her that we were putting rubbish out and getting in the car and didn't feel it was appropriate to interrupt her with her family.

So comes the ratty review, which she accused us of having cameras thought the house, and we watch the guests. We appealed to customer support as it was slanderous, unproven and definitely untrue - we do have front and rear security cameras, which we do declare on our listing.  The review was removed.

However, the guest was obviously not happy that her review was removed and has now escalated the complaint and been referred to a case manager.  Our account has now been limited and not showing in listings.  We received an email advising us of the investigation and wanting to set up a call 10 days later - meaning our listing would be off for 10 days.  I asked for the call to be the next morning but advised that the case manager was now on leave and returning 10 days later, and so was referred on to another case manager. In the meantime we sent all details of the property security system, detailing and giving examples of the camera images.  We also sent all correspondence we had with guest which was extremely positive up until being caught out.

I have received an email advising that they had received all information and they were reviewing.

Its now been a week and all we are being told is that its still under investigation.

So my last email was asking if there are other accusations being made as I would have assumed the info we provided would have been enough to clarify the situation and have our account reinstated.

I'm trying to understand what the investigation process entails, and how long it can take?

And is there a way to actually speak to someone at ABNB that this can be escalated to?  I don't want to offend any of the CM's but when you are innocent and at the mercy of a guest making false accusation and your investment and all your hard work is put at risk, you just want some urgent assistance!

Thanks

Alastair

25 Replies 25

@Helen427  @Laura_C 

I'm now at a loss for words!

Below is latest response from the case manager.  it seems there is something else the customer is complaining  about.

why wont this case manager just call me and tell me what the guest is accusing us of? Why is it going to take a "few more days".

If something else has come to light.

his message below.

I must have walked under a ladder or crossed a black cat.

Hi Alastair & Glen,

I understand that you would like updates regarding this issue, and I do apologise for not being able to update you sooner.

We do thank you for providing the information to us regarding this incident. During our investigation, we discovered new information that affects and possibly changes the main issue of this case and we need to verify the validity of this information before proceeding to conclude this issue. Once we have verified the new information, we will update you with the results of the investigation.

We thank you for your cooperation and patience with regards to this investigation and we will update you within the next few days.

Best,

Logan

Now , now @Alastair-and-Glen0  how do you know that @Laura_C  hasn't touched base with them & had a word with them??
Never assume anything in life, hang in there, have faith.

Sunny side up!!

@Helen427 I'm assuming that @Laura_C hasn't had a chance yet because when she sent me a message it was 10.30pm and too late to do anything today!

On receipt of that email I  reached out to customer service to try to speak with the case manger, and was told he's going to call me back when I hang up customer service, but I never got a call.  It's just very frustrating!

You're right! I will let it go for now, and hope to hear from @Laura_C  and see if she if she is able to shed some light on the situation when she's back in the office.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

How to use a lot of words to say nothing.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Alastair-and-Glen0  So they already determined that the guest lied about the cameras being undisclosed,  but they are now giving some sort of credence to another of the guest's lies? Unbelievable. 

I wish you a speedy resolution. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I can see your listing,  is all well now?

Hi @Sandra126 

Yes, we had a divine intervention and all is now back to normal.  A stressful experience that I wouldn't wish upon anyone!

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Awesome, pleased to h ear.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Great to read that all's settled again @Alastair-and-Glen0 
Special thanks to @Laura_C !!

All the best for the busy Melbourne Cup Carnival season

Account suspended because no fault of mine !!

Xavier from Airbnb, 

It is really sad to know that payment for reservation no HMS3YAFXZH was fraudulent as per you.

The booking and the payment both came through AIrbnb. Would request you to kindly explain, how am i suppose to know which guest is Genuine or Fraud? When you your self are not able to decipher. 

Also please be reminded that you have charged your service charges for the same Booking that you are saying is fraudulent.

It is very shocking to know that you have stopped my account because of a booking that was confirmed by you, done on Airbnb and the payment also came to me through Airbnb. 

It is very disappointing to know that a professional company like Airbnb is blaming the Host for no fault of his. Please be reminded that I as a host have no control over who is booking the property which you are very well aware of. It is Airbnb that does the identity verification of the guest and the host does not have the preview to the same. 

It is not acceptable that you put the blame on the host for your lapses.  

I demand that you open the accesses to my account immediately and improve your Guest verification processes so that these things do not happen again. 

I have been a host on Airbnb for more that 3 years now and these kind of acts by Airbnb leave a very bad taste.

Once again would request you to please activate my account on urgent basis. 

Regards 
Gagan 
Aj92
Level 4
Dallas, TX

@Laura_C Hi Laura, I sent a message regarding a similar issue I am having with my listing in Houston.  Can you check it and let me know?  I've been calling support repeatedly with no luck on an update.  It's essentially the same as Helen's.  I had a guest who didn't want to stay at the house because she was uncomfortable with the neighborhood and made up a bunch of things.  She was unhappy that I wouldn't refund her first night and threw a tantrum and then reported my cameras, which I disclose on my listings and mention in my scheduled messages to the guests right after they book.  They are all external (none inside), and are there to count guests, prevent parties, and make sure the maids and prior guests are out of the house by checkin time.  I don't understand why the listing was suspended without bothering to check if the cameras are called out in the listing where needed.  Either way, I'm on day 4 of suspension and I'm getting questions from guests who can't find my listing anymore, my maids who rely on the cleanings to get by have no work, and the guest, who had 0 reviews and was a living nightmare, was fully refunded without my permission while this is going on.  How is this possibly the experience Airbnb could want a long-time host to have?