Account Verification Txts and odd Customer Service Call...?

Carey50
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Account Verification Txts and odd Customer Service Call...?

My account has been compromised in the last few days. Even though I've changed my password, and logged out the 7+ sessions from various countries around the world- I am still getting lots of account verification code texts to my phone with increasing frequency. 

I called the 1800 number for customer service and the person who helped me sounded very casual and was asking me for a screenshot of the verification codes (Which all say do not share with anyone, and the employees will never ask for a code).... Then I get a message in my AirBnB inbox from "AirBnB Support" also asking for the screenshot. This seems very strange- has anyone else had this happen?

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Emiel1  Thanks. The message came to my Airbnb Inbox, but showed up in my email as being from supportmessaging.airbnb.com so looks like it was phishing (not on the list of email addresses on the link you provided)- confused about how this happened when I called the number off their website (+1-855-424-7262) 

I have been getting them repeatedly. I went in and saw logins from India.  I changed my password and disconnected from Facebook and Google.

Carey50
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Ive disconnected all other apps, logged out everything, and changed password several times.

Now I am receiving calls from the 855 customer service number (listed on AirBnB website) to send screenshots of my account verification codes i receive via Txt..... If this ISNT airbnb calling me then it seems like their customer service number has been hacked?  

I sent several messages through their online customer service message options, and have gotten generic and useless responses about how I should change my password. 

Debbie846
Level 2
Mooloolaba, Australia

Hi All, its also happening to me - numberous times a day i get a message on my phone to "Verification code" all very doddgy 

Charlaine3
Level 2
Dundee, United Kingdom

I have been receiving texts with verification codes and I haven’t been in the app. Anyone know why?

Lan1
Level 10
El Cerrito, CA

I have been receiving text verification codes numerous times ( almost everyday) for no reason. I called customer service, no results. Not sure what is going on. 

周蘭