Account compromised (Fraud attempt)

Enrique31
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Account compromised (Fraud attempt)

My account have been compromised as today I received a confirmation mail from this https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16171914 listing at Champagne, France, but I never did this reservation for tomorrow, I'm not even in Europe right now, they sent a couple of messages through my account to this listing. Both, the account of the Host and the Listing looks very untrusty. In my login history it seems that somebody logged in from Taiwan 13 days ago and today.

Taiwan hackers

I already cancelled the reservation and changed my password, but as a regular cancelation Airbnb fee isn't refoundable. How can I have this Airbnb fee refunded?

Best regards,

1 Reply 1
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Enrique31 Were there any charges made to your payment method?  If so, contact your bank right away and tell them the charge was unauthorized. 

Also, check all your account settings for email, notifications, credit card info.  Be sure to check the login alert under Security.  Then change your Airbnb password.  In the event your email account was compromised, change the password for that as well. 

Hopefully that will stop any unauthorized use, but it you see continued login ins from strange places / devices, best to contact Airbnb.