Additional Guests

Additional Guests

Hi Everyone

I have recently had a few guests book as a couple for my room. In the pricing/booking preferences, I have elected a $10 extra fee for any extra guests in the room.

I can see that for both bookings, they have confirmed an additional guest. However, I cannot see that Airbnb has added the extra $10 fee for the extra guests, on each of these bookings.

Is this something that is done after or before the booking? Should I contact Airbnb to ask about this?

Thank you for your time. 

12 Replies 12
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

Perhaps it is calculated in $US, not Australian $? To me, it looks like your listing goes for $39 per night and the extra person for $8 (not 10 as you said - which is what makes me think it's a currency misunderstanding.) And don't forget, Airbnb subtracts a fee from your payout. Have you double checked on the currency and the fee in your booking confirmation for these bookings, where under pricing it itemizes everything? If it still looks wrong to you, by all means, contact Airbnb.

Good luck and  happy hosting!

Janet110
Level 1
Stone Mountain, GA

I have a booking with extra guests next month. They included it in the fee up front like the cleaning fee. I would check with Airbnb. Maybe they made a mistake. 

@Janet110 @Julia195

Go to your reservations and look at them closely.  Do they show the correct number of persons ?  If so the calculations should be correct.  If you changed your pricing settings after they booked, these bookings will be with the old settings and will have to be accepted as they are.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

airbnb gets it right, everything is included in the total. 

I tend to use the extra charge after 2 guests only in high season, not in low season, because it sometimes cause problems with people who don't want to pay...

How do I add a fee for additional guests to my listing? I tryed many times but it doesnt exept what I type in pricing setings. I try to put it 10Eur for additional guest after 1. But I cant. Can somebody please instruct me. Thanks

hi Peter, just follow below

Open Dashboard

At the bottom left, clic on View calender

Put your curser on the left of your calender and a list of items will appear, click on Pricing

Another window will open and on the right select: Vire pricing settings

Scroll down were to the box of Additional guest and set up your charge

All the best 

Renato

Hi Renato,

thank you ver much for your help. But I still didn t do it. When I click on Pricing, appear a new window, but there is no ability to choose Vire pricing settings. There is only a notice, that my pricing settings has been moved to calender.

And there is then on right Pricing settings and  Extra charges and currency. I can set up a my charge for additional guest. But the sistem doesn t save the change. After a few minutes when I look back, it s empty again. And also when I view listing it doesen t change: extra people: No charge...

Hi Marit Anne,

I ve done every step by step as it is writen. First is ok, but after few minutes is back - nothing, like before. And if I check in my listing, nothing changed.

Any idea @Dave & Deb ?

Make the changes and then refresh your computer. Also, most listing changes are best done on a computer and not on a mobile app.

Can any help me understand the additional guest thing? House is advertised to sleep 6, we have request to accommodate more so which of the 'after guest ..... ' number do we choose as there is no '6' option or am I missing something?