Additional guests on the message thread

Corbett0
Level 1
Washington, DC

Additional guests on the message thread

How do additional guests add themselves to the message thread so host and co-host can message with guest and additional guest?

Airbnb support says it can be done but I can't figure out how:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1286/how-does-messaging-work-for-a-reservation-booked-on-behalf-...

2 Replies 2
Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

Hi @Corbett0 :  if I understand the procedure correctly, the booking guests would invite anybody else that’s on the trip to join that reservation. But they have to have an Airbnb profile to do that. I do believe it is only the booking guest can invite people to join. And when you review, the review will cover everybody who is on the reservation. So that being said, you’ll have to get the booking guest to invite all of their guests to join. How’s that for redundancy? LOL 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

yes, addtl guests can be added to a reservation and then will be reviewed but they will NOT be in the comm thread. (I have seen this personally)

The only instance that I've heard of where there are multiple people in the msg thread is properly made "business" bookings thru a certified booker. (I've never seen this personally...)