After my Guest had used instant book

After my Guest had used instant book

SJ (the guest) asked me about using cooking facilities, i told him no and he accepted that and because i provide a contental brearfas between the hours of 0700 and 0900 he got upset that he had to vacate his room by 10.00. I then asked was it his intention to stay in the house over the whole day, he said i was disgraceful when i told him it was Bed and Breakfast and that was not possible. He then said for me to cancel the booking, but I told him he had to do it to get his money refunded. He then told me he had cancelled and was fully refunded by you. I had been talking to someone named Marriel from Customer support but there is something not working stopping me replyimg, hence this converstation. I do not know who does the IT for you but it used to be so simple to conact someone and now it is nearly impossible. Can someone on here please foreward this to Cutomer Support and to please use an email address I can respond too.

1 Reply 1
Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

It sounds like you are running an old style Bed and Breakfast, where guest are expected to be out all day and not return before a certain hour.

The VAST majority of other Airbnbs are not like this. Many younger guests or guests from other parts of the world will have never stayed in a place where they are required to leave the premises during the day.

I don’t see any mention of this requirement in your house rules. If you are going to have this expectation of guests, you need to make it crystal clear in the listing.

In fact, you should mention it in several places in the listing and in the rules. Maybe even in the photos.

BTW: Airbnb employees don’t read or respond to this forum.