See below 

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
John6556
Level 5
Toronto, Canada

@Michael5374 An occupancy tax is being charged to my guests staying longer than 30 days here in Toronto. It is illegal to charge tax for long term rentals.  All we can do is report Airbnb to the Government of Canada fraud center. The number is 888.495.8501.  I've complained to Customer Service.  Airbnb is ignoring me and refuses to do anything about it. They keep saying it's my problem and I have to add a GST number which I obviously don't have and don't need for long term as I'm exempt from collecting and submitting GST / HST.  To top it off, reserving my place as anonymous for 31 nights does not show any taxes. Only when I lower it to 30 nights or less does it show taxes. Same goes for the preview in booking settings for my listing.  Yet my current guest has been charge a much lower tax of around 1% for 56 nights.  Looks like fraud to me!  Squeezing in a small amount that will go unnoticed after the fact when it doesn't even show up when you book! Time for the Government to look into this matter!

They charged GST for my guests staying for 2 months.  

John, perhaps owners could unite and launch a class action lawsuit against Air B and B . It might get their attention ……….u watch they will likely review this suggestion and it won’t get published as they monitor all site emails