Air BNB Cancelled a booking

Penny53
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Air BNB Cancelled a booking

Hi I have just had an email from Air BNB to say a booking has been cancelled see email.  I have full five star reviews and my guest has two reviews and is verified,  see email  Has anyone had this before?  My guest is really upset and confused as well.

Hello XXXXXX and XXXXXXX
We monitor all reservations and user interactions on Airbnb very closely. We've noticed this reservation HM2XXXXXXXXXXX doesn't appear to be legitimate. As a result we have cancelled the reservation and refunded the payment. If you feel this was done in error, please let us know. Otherwise we hope you understand that we do this to preserve the integrity of our marketplace.
Regards,
The Airbnb Team
2018-01-21 10:08:44 +0000

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Penny53. As they wrote - if you don't agree, or your guest - wrote to them. Reach Customer Service - use Twitter @AirbnbHelp or the form: https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

Or you will find a pinned post in the Help section how to do it:
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I don't know what messages you exchanged with your guest, maybe there is an issue with their card? 

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Seems to me you have dodged a bullet, @Penny53.  Air BNB is not finding fault with you but is protecting you from a fraudulent booking.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Penny53 

as @Linda108 said, who knows, maybe your guest used stolen credit card or have no money on that account or he hacked the Airbnb profile from someone ...  it's hard to tell..

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Penny53

As others have mentioned it seems clear that Airbnb feels this is a fradulent booking. It could also be that the guest tried to use a card without enough funds.

If the guest is genuine, then it is up to them to call Airbnb to try and resolve issues.

This is not to do with you but the guest.

Penelope0
Level 5
Englewood, FL

This happened to me- The guest had been booked for several weeks and was canceled 1.5 days before arrival. The guest was not told why, and for guest confidentially, nor was I. There was 0 possibility to have someone else book this time. Airbnb told the husband who had made the booking, that his wife could create an account an rebook with me. The family was so disgruntled, they found another spot for holiday. I was out $750. 

Does anyone know reasons why Airbnb cancels an existing reservation like this? It couldn't be for insufficient funds as they take their money up front.

If it was because the person was a danger or had stolen, etc, why would Airbnb say the wife could create an account and rebook?

From Penny in the USA

Hi Penelope,

I just had the same happen to me. but airbnb blocked the dates that they had cancelled. Were you able to contact airbnb for them to reopen the dates so someone else could book it instead?

appreciate the info

Jelica