AirBNB not paying hosts!

Morgan46
Level 2
Washington, DC

AirBNB not paying hosts!

I started looking into this as a host who hasn't been paid in two weeks. Getting runaround on phone, reps say following procedure, not in their authority to help etc. It's been two weeks and I have not received a dime for 4 valid and completed reservations that have happened since June 10th. A number of hosts have posted the same thing on this forum- which I just happened to come across- and I can only imagine the number of hosts who don't use this forum too that have this occuring. What do we do?! What is going on with AirBNB? How do we not only get our money as a group but also find out what is really going on? No one seems able to help and I can't even begin to explain how absolutely awful this is not to be paid and to get NO HELP from AirBNB. 

11 Replies 11
Gabriel162
Level 1
Mexico City, Mexico

I'm in a similar situation, waiting for a payment that should happen 1 week ago, what should we do?

what does your transaction history say?  does it show "payout" . where does your money go? to paypal or somewhere else.? what does airbnb mean by following procedure?

Jay140
Level 2
Pasadena, CA

I am having a similar situation.... my host added her payout after she hosted a couple times.

now that she added her paypal account to her payout options... we waited and have not received any of her previous host income that she is entittled.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jay140,

Great to meet you. As the payment method was added after the bookings took place, it may mean that the host will need to contact the Support Team to activate / or re-send this payment again to their account. Here is a helpful Community Guide on the way to reach the team. 

It would be great to hear how they get on.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

The PayPal situation mentioned above got a response from a rep in Londo. How about just not receiving payments period. 

I'm also having the samebissue. Two (2) reservations completed and checked out and no payment yet. Every this is setup on my acount correctly. I've contacted Airbnb every single day for the last 7 days and no response yet! When I did get someone on the phone they told me "their deoartmentire did not handle those issues, that it would get escalade to another department and that I would hear back within 24 hours. Still nothing!

I am in the same position.  I have not been paid since May 24th.  and Airbnb owe me now almost 7000 USD.

I have called and sent over 20 emails and nothing happens..

The problem started when my son (who was the host) made me as co host and we gave my paypal account to receive the payments...

I cant beleive how the company can do nothing to help out.........   

Colette65
Level 2
Barbados

This is the first time I'm hosting,the guest left over a month ago and I still haven't recieved any payment,I emailed the company and they replied that they would contact me,I'm still waiting to be contacted.

Dear Colette 

After I complained on their facebook site finally something happened in my case..   My son called the many times before finally someone made the payment..  But be sure that nothing happens unless you keep on pushing and pushing....

Good luck,

Olafur

How do we get Airbnb to pay for the lettings taken?  We have had several lets with funds taken from guests but not passed on.

Nathan-and-Beryl0
Level 1
Bloemfontein, South Africa

We are waiting 6 months for our first payment and 3 weeks for our second payment. What does one do to get Airbnb to pay us? 

Judy204
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

I am in the same situation.  I think Airbnb is fraudulent and a scam.  I think they hold on to your money and I think we are going to find out that this is a crooked company.  I have had a guest for over three weeks, she has shown me where they have taken the money out of her account, and Airbnb even states that they have received money from her, but yet they will still not give me a payout.  How does a Company get away with this?

I will be contacting Better Business Bureau about this corrupt company, but I want to warn all hosts out there that they are being scammed!!