AirBnB Overriding my Smart Pricing

Answered!
Sarah2109
Level 2
Redding, CT

AirBnB Overriding my Smart Pricing

Hi All,

I have a call into AirBnb but wanted to crowd source here...

Has anyone had issues with Smart Pricing?  I have a minimum set to $90, yet someone booked this AM and the rate was set at $81/night!  I called customer service, and they weren't immediately able to determine why it happened, so they are researching and will call back.  I did some Googling and found a post from 2018 about this happening - something about the algorithm not being great.   It's very frustrating and a loss of $!   Has anyone else had this happen?  I'm curious about the reasons behind it.  

Thank you!

1 Best Answer

Oh my gosh, you are right!  I have a flexible cancellation policy, which grants 10% discount if guests select non-refundable.  THANK YOU!!! I've been going crazy about this.  Interesting that AirBnb couldn't figure it out while on the phone... Thanks again!

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Sarah2109 

$81 = $90 - 10%

Look for a 10% discount on your listing.

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Oh my gosh, you are right!  I have a flexible cancellation policy, which grants 10% discount if guests select non-refundable.  THANK YOU!!! I've been going crazy about this.  Interesting that AirBnb couldn't figure it out while on the phone... Thanks again!

Cecilia559
Level 2
Portland, OR

This is happening to me and I don't have a cancellations, it happened in 3 ocassions this month and Airbnb response is "just turn it off" whatkind of  resolution is this?

The same exact thing happen to me today , I have min when smart pricing is on and it’s set at 305 . I have been getting 355 a night and suddenly had a booking at 261 and I looked at my calendar and sure enough there is a handful of dates in the first week of December that are advertised at a much lower price . If your saying it’s the 10 percent discount that would make since but that’s only if people book it a certain way . I am not sure I like the advertised price to be so low , my reservations around those dates paid much much more.  
Not sure if this is making much since trying to make dinner talk to my 13 year old and type at same time meanwhile feeling like I need to hurry and figure this out before I have anyone else book at a rate that. So why is it that Airbnb  lowered the price but just for the one week in December or so it appears ? 
Any suggestions on what I should do to correct it as well as prevent it in the future . I would like if maybe Airbnb could send a notification when they do something as important as that and maybe give us an hour to change or agree to the change .  Maybe I am not aware of certain settings, but it seems they send many notices out everyday and reminders so sending out a we are dropping your rate and advertising it at —- if you would like to book your place reply yes , or go to calendar and make changes or something like that ?  

Kristin
Rosemary7
Level 1
Florida, US

Happening to me too......how do you get to “featured solution?”  Keeps bouncing me back .