AirBnB ask guest to review reservation that was cancelled BEFORE check in

Michael2878
Level 2
North Bergen, NJ

AirBnB ask guest to review reservation that was cancelled BEFORE check in

Hello all,

Will try to make the story as short as possible.

Guest asked AirBnB if he can  cancel 10 days reservation a day before check in with a full refund. AirBnB forwarded me that offer and I reject it - property listed with strict cancelation policy and guest can only get partial refund. So on the  day when check in was scheduled between 2 and 4 pm guest cancel reservation by himself losing half of the money. He did that in the morning, 4-5 hours before check in time.

I was surprised to recive email from AirBnB asking to review that guest. The reservation was cancelled, must be just a misteke, right?  and ignored that... Therfore guest write a review and scored Accuracy, Cleanliness,  Location etc of the apartment he never arrived. And it immidiatley took my total score down from 4.9 to 4.8

I contact AirBnB support with a question

- "how come that guest was asked to score the stay that never happen and can we remove that?"

Their first replay was:

- " After going over this review, we have determined that guest review does not exhibit a violation of said guidelines, and we cannot remove"

Alright, I understand now AirBnB have no problem with guest giving the score tho the apartment he never arrived... I got it. My next question was to confirm that from now on ALL cancelled reservation will be a subject for review, from both guest and host. I got 5-6 reservation  cancelled by guests in the past - they was never followed by review. AirBnB replied:

- " The reason why the guest was able to leave a review is because she cancelled the reservation the day after the check in"

I was happy to get that saying:

-" OK, so then it's just a mistake and should be easy to fix  -   guest did not cancelled the reservation day after scheduled check in. He canceled it in the morning on the day where check in was scheduled to happen between 2 pm and 4 pm.

Here is a last replay from the AirBnB:

- "Regarding on your question, I understand your confusion, however the guest will still receive a review notification within 24 to 48 hours before check in even if they cancelled the reservation on the day of check in"

Is that actually saying that if guest cancel reservation 2 days prior to scheduled check in time - he will be asked to score Accuracy, Cleanliness,  Location etc, all those things he obviosly have no clue about because never actually was in the apartment he asked to score?

I need an advice please. Is there an effective way to dispute AirBnB decision? and how?

Thank you,

Best,

Michael

0 Replies 0