AirCover and Cxl refunds

Terry642
Level 5
Bristol, TN

AirCover and Cxl refunds

Hi there, this is my 1st encounter with a guest requesting a full refund after checking in based on the AirCover language of "full refund if rental is uninhabitable due to cleanliness" . I am a Superhost, have been renting my cabin for 2.5 years (its also my home, am not an absentee manager) I maintain a 4.98 rating with never below a 5 on cleanliness. Airbnb customer "support" automatically issued a full refund without discussing with me and said I should have pre-check in photos if I wanted to prove the rental was indeed clean.  Pre-check in photos?!? Do hosts do this for EVERY guest check-in? Can a gust now claim AirCover if they've just changed their minds, send in a picture of a dust particle and get a full refund? Has anyone encountered this?  Thanks for reading . Terry

2 Replies 2
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Terry642 

Sorry to hear about this - have you contacted Airbnb Support directly to dispute the decision?

If you have an open ticket with them let me know.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Terry642
Level 5
Bristol, TN

This was a problematic case which  took over  a week to resolve, and actually  I believe you initially responded to.  But thanks for checking in!! Terry.