Airbnb Cancelled the reservation for a guest already checked in

Answered!
Dina704
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Airbnb Cancelled the reservation for a guest already checked in

Hi,

I am seeking urgent support from the community forum for an issue I am unable to resolve.

I had updated the payout details on my hosting account 5 days ago. I added a rule to split the payout between myself and spouse. The bank details added were reviewed and approved by Airbnb in 1 day successfully with no issues. Yesterday I had a guest checking in in the morning. I received an email from Airbnb at 2:59 local time to verify id details for my spouse. The email said that I have 2 hours to verify or the upcoming reservation will be cancelled. I completed the verification at 3:06pm, however at the same time, the reservation got cancelled and my account got suspended!

I am a superhost and have no issues with guests or reports raised against me, rating is 4.92 and response rate, acceptance..etc are all in good shape at 100%, account is fully verified with ID and everything. I don't know why my account got suspended, called the call center 5 times and raised complaints via Airbnb app, Twitter Airbnb Help account and Facebook messenger account and the only response I get is "a support ambassador will get in touch shortly which never happens....24 hours lapsed now....

Problem is I have the guests checked in already and they are now staying for free given Airbnb cancelled the booking after they had checked in. I am losing money as we speak as the listing is not even appearing for guests in the search, so I am losing money for the current guest in my house and the potential new bookings. I am also at risk of the upcoming reservation in 4 days being cancelled if this isn't resolved promptly.

No one in the call center can help and no one is getting in touch in-spite of the numerous escalations. I really don't know what to do now?? Can anyone help or do you know someone senior in Airbnb that can intervene and help resolve this messy situation?...all I am looking for is why was the account suspended so that I can resolve the issue and get it reactivated quickly....I repeat, I have no reports against me or any conduct issues with any guests, my profile is clean with outstanding reviews since inception....help please

1 Best Answer
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Dina704 , thanks for the tag. I'm sorry to hear about this, I can imagine how frustrating that must be for you.

It might be that you need to update your details in the KYC form if you add another person as beneficial owner. You can find more about this here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/3004/verifying-your-host-account

Once that's done and the details are verified, the account suspension will be lifted. Let me know if you need more help! 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Okay its sounds like you added your wife to your listing as a co-host without uploading verified ID for her and that's why your listing was suspended @Dina704  (Airbnb does not allow hosts or cohosts to run a listing without verified ID).

Have you now uploaded verified ID for her?

If Airbnb cancelled the booking for your current guests why are you letting them stay for free? 

What I would do is 

1) call Airbnb confirm your wife has now uploaded her photo ID and ask them to lift the suspension on your listing so it can go live again

2) if the guest who is staying has had their booking cancelled, you will need them to pay you directly

Dina704
Level 2

@Helen3 Thanks for your response. I added her bank account to the payout section not added as a co-host. ID uploaded from our side, will try to call them again at least to confirm that it has been verified. They said in the previous 5 calls that they don't have the tools to lift suspension and they couldnt even advise why the suspension in the first place, but will try again.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes of course they have the tools to lift the suspension. Airbnb suspended my listing when my passport expired and the new one hadn't come through. I uploaded my ID when it came through and my listing was back a few hours later. They suspended your account. They can un suspend it (not necessarily the team you are talking to)

This is of course assuming the suspension is to due to your wife not having her ID uploaded.

Best of luck @Dina704 

Dina704
Level 2

Thanks, called them yesterday several times, they confirmed all verifications are in place. They don't know why its suspended and they can't lift it. All they say is "a support ambassador will call you" which never happened for the past 48 hours. Most frustrating is that there is no one senior to speak to and no escalation routes to follow. The call center agents are outsourced I think and I can tell they are all working from home. The ambassador sent a message yesterday saying she will resume work on the case on 26th post the weekend and that is the only update I got since the complaint......so frustrating....

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Dina704 So sorry this is happening, and everyday there are these kinds of posts of suspensions.

Bit first things first—the guest in your STR has to vacate immediately since stay was cancelled by airbnb. Guest does not get to stay free while airbnb sorts this out.

And unfortunately, the guest that’s scheduled to arrive in 4 days may have already been cancelled as I type this. 

Dina704
Level 2

@Gwen386 Thanks for the prompt reply, they were already checked in and I couldn't ask them to leave. They are recurring guests to our house and I don't want to lose them so had to accommodate. I just need to reactivate the account and find someone to speak to. Any tips?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dina704 if they are recurring guests then just book them direct and leave Airbnb out of it.

Dina704
Level 2

Hi, 

Main issue is that the listing is suspended, I don't know why and no one can tell me what I need to do to re-activate it. Call center are helpless and support ambassadors are sleeping....can you help?

Dina704
Level 2

Anyone has any idea of escalation routes in Airbnb? All we have is the call center and they are helpless...its day 4 now with numerous chasers to call center and all they say is "will mark as urgent".... not sure how many times this can be marked as urgent without a single phone call till date...we don't even know why the suspension in the first place and don't know what they need to reactivate!!

Dina704
Level 2

@Sybe Hi, any advice on how to resolve this matter? would appreciate your help please if you can

Dina704
Level 2

**[Case number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Dina704 , thanks for the tag. I'm sorry to hear about this, I can imagine how frustrating that must be for you.

It might be that you need to update your details in the KYC form if you add another person as beneficial owner. You can find more about this here: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/3004/verifying-your-host-account

Once that's done and the details are verified, the account suspension will be lifted. Let me know if you need more help! 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Dina704
Level 2

@Sybe @This is very helpful Sybe, thank you. I think it is KYC related given I recently added my husband as a beneficiary of 50% of payouts. We both competed the requested verifications and both our profiles are verified with Gov Ids as well (he is also a co-host). The call center and support ambassador keep saying its under investigation and they don't disclose the reason for suspension or an SLA for completion. Any tips on what we should do? The suspension is resulting in the cancellation of guest bookings and we are dealing with a crises currently.

You mentioned a KYC form we need to complete, I couldn't find that in the article, any guidance on how to complete the form? 

Dina704
Level 2

Update - Problem solved, suddenly another support ambassador intervened and solved the case overnight. I think it was a compliance verification issue but still not sure. Anyhow, listing shouldn't be suspended without prior notification and clear rationale. Having said that, the new support ambassador was very professional and extremely helpful. Thanks for your support and comments as well, much appreciated.