Airbnb Customer Support Resolution Hell

S110
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Airbnb Customer Support Resolution Hell

I have contacted AIrbnb regarding Smart Pricing being turned of without my consent and caught them doing so on my second reservation. Had to cancel it as we would not even break even if we kept it, but contacted Airbnb weeks ahead for a resolution and compensation so we didn't have to cancel the reservation and let it affect the guest as the guest was not at fault; however, after speaking with 7 reps and numerous messages, we were told that they would follow up within 24 hours, nothing happened. 4 weeks later....hours over the phone, asking the same question, telling the same story, saying the same 24 hour follow up, still nothing. This company is going downhill and can't trust that they will act responsibly and own up to their faults.

At this rate, they are losing lots of customers, loyal clients, and overall business. I have stopped recommending Airbnb to my friends and colleagues, and my family have all stopped using it due to their past experiences. It seems they only care about making a booking and reaping service charges from both hosts and guests not caring about quality of experience which they heavily advertise but only about the money. I've sent them another message today asking for a resolution and compensation and still nothing. It's a waste of time and feel that they just want you to give up. Keep fighting; they need to pay up for their mistakes and we need to hold them accountable.

Customer service is shockingly horrible and even though I have heard horror stories regarding both guests and hosts trying to get in touch and find a resolution from AIrbnb, i didn't think it would be this bad. It's a nightmare. So many hours, money, and energy has been spent on just trying to get someone to follow up with a resolution, and I feel that they really do not care and want you to give up. We had to cancel the reservation as Airbnb never followed up despite our numerous attempts. We are now considering closing this account and no longer using airbnb even as a guest.  As a superhost, we were told customer service would be better, but it's a joke. What a waste of time and money. My partner had enough and booked a hotel instead for our visit to California b/c he no longer wanted to support the company if this is how airbnb treats its loyal customers. Every rep you talk to, you have to retell the story/ problem, and then told a case manager will get in touch and then you have to retell the story again, then you're told they will follow up with you within 24 hours. Then radio silence. Nothing, so after 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, a week later, you have to start all over again.

Frustrating? An understatement. Anyone else have a similar experience and if so, how did you deal with this never ending cycle of aibnb lack of customer service from hell? 

1 Reply 1
Tom954
Level 1
Connecticut, United States

Please call me  @ **

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]