Airbnb Message on Failure to respond

Ken102
Level 1
Cedar Hill, TX

Airbnb Message on Failure to respond

Why am I receiving a message from Airbnb that I failed to repsond to a booking request when I have an email thread with the specific tenant for the last 24 hrs?

Ken

[Personal information hidden]

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi @Ken102.  I learned the same lesson when I started almost 2 years ago.  That is, response to a reservation request (not reservation inquiry) is not that you have communication but that you must provide a decision to approve or decline within 24 hours.  If you don't have the information you need from the potential guest within a few hours, decline the request and tell the guest to send another request if they are still interested.

Linda,

Thanks for your reply.  We have had many requests and many bookings and have a 100% on response rate and 5 Stars on our reviews.  I guess I thought I had encountered this same scenario before and handled it properly.  How do I advise AirBnB that I sincerely tried to respond properly so they do not give me a bad rating?

Thanks again,

Ken

@Ken102  If this is the only time you have made this mistake, it should have minimal impact on your stats.  I did it right in the beginning so it took awhile for my response rate to recover, but it never affected my Super Host rating.  Wouldn't worry...