Airbnb Search Not Showing All Properties

Jen5
Level 7
Chandler, AZ

Airbnb Search Not Showing All Properties

I observed a problem with Airbnb's search engine that I reported to the community about a month ago. The person who assisted recognized the problem and passed the issue on to Airbnb. Unfortunately, after more than a dozen communications, the people at Airbnb can't see what the problem is and it's infuriating. So I'm posting the issue here again in the hopes that a second (or third or fourth...) voice will help Airbnb recognize the issue.

So here's how to see the problem: Do a search for any zip code and enter specific travel dates (choose a 3-5 day trip). Select 1 guest and take a screen shot of the resulting map. Now change the number of guests to 6 and take a screen shot of the map. When you compare the two screen shots, what you will see is that a lot of bigger accommodations are not shown in the search for one guest. This is a problem for guests and hosts alike as it assumes that a solo traveler won't want a house for 6 people so they're not being shown those results. If a single traveler or a couple wants a nice big house and they don't see it on Airbnb, they'll go elsewhere so this is undoubtedly costing Airbnb (and hosts) lots of money.

Below are screen shots for you to compare. For some bizarre reason, nobody at Airbnb can see the difference between these screen shots even though it's clear that the map for 6 guests shows properties for $2900, $1500 and $1200 that aren't being shown to the solo traveler.

Can others in the community please save my sanity by confirming to Airbnb that this IS a problem that needs to be fixed. I can't handle any more emails from them telling me there's nothing wrong.

46 Replies 46
Barbara1587
Level 2
Paphos, Cyprus

I am also having big problems that cannot apparently be resolved. I put my property on but can view on computer but not on my husbands mobile.  I can see on my phone but only if I select apartment.  I am not in the general search for all properties, only if I select apartment.  So infuriating!

Anzy2
Level 1
New York, NY

I have the same problem when searching for my needs and my father or a friend is using the same options/filters. we all get different results. I feel like my search is too limited, I am not getting all the available possible stays.