Airbnb Signage

Answered!
Mark149
Level 2
Barrie, Canada

Airbnb Signage

Hello Fellow Hosts!

where does one get Airbnb Signage? A driveway marker, Door identification as so on?

thank you and best regards

Mark

Barrie Ontario CA

1 Best Answer

For safety and security reasons I'm not sure that I would want a drive-way marker that the general public can see. May make your house more of a target for thieves or ill-will people. 

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Claudia119
Level 3
Anacortes, WA

Hi - I wanted some airbnb stuff too, so on your profile page you can creat a personalized symbol.  If you open that creat a symbol page and scroll down, you will see that " Zazzle"  can help you purchase items with your personalized symbol. https://create.airbnb.com/en/home    I ordered some stickers there to use for my airbnb business.  I have also copied the graphic of my personalized symbol and  ordered cards from vistaprint.  Hope that helps.  I have given feedback to airbnb about how I would like to have easier access to airbnb printed material too!

thanks for that!

I'll check that out

best Mark

I read your response to sineage. I cannot locate where you talk about creating your own personalized symbol.

Can you direct me?

Thank you! And I agree with others as to... why does airbnb not provide some sort of window cling like Tripadvisor?

Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

Here is a possible sign I made on the AirBnB web site using their supplied art...

Mike

AirBnBTreehouseLogo copy.jpg

Thanks for the input

best Mark

For safety and security reasons I'm not sure that I would want a drive-way marker that the general public can see. May make your house more of a target for thieves or ill-will people. 

There are going to be thieves in any city, even in the countryside there are people that will break the law.  Are you going to hide what you are doing just because there might be someone that wants to break into your home?  

I have signs out by the street for my egg selling ... I have people coming up to the door to buy eggs from our chickens.  I don't think my home is any more prone to forced entry because I have egg signs by the street.

Mike

I'm sorry I must have hit a nerve. What you say is true, but why make your home an easier target by advertising that it is only partially occupied or occupied by people who are guests, therefore not as accustomed to the neighborhood and what to watch out for as far as what is or is not normal. Even Airbnb does not post exact addresses prior to booking for the protection of the host. Maybe they know something.

Why would a sign saying I sell eggs, or that I rent out space to renters advertise that the home is "partially occupied"?  Maybe I am not thinking like a thief, but I don't get the connection to signs on the street and the house being "partially occoupied".

Mike

Steph15
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Air BnB window stickers and signage of some sort would be perfect for me!  I get a lot of tourists passing my house ....

If I make my own am I infringing copyright laws though ...?  I would imagine I am.

Strange that Air BnB does not provide them when they would only result in more custom ... ??

Steph x

Because mostplaces have regulations on AirBnb. And Airbnb does not want listings shut down I imaging. It may piss off your neibors if they know what your doing too.

Not all airbnb hosts live in the home they are renting. They are thinking about it from a vacant building standpoint. It sounds like in your case Mike, you are living in the property and renting rooms or cottages or something rather than the whole premisis being rented out.

So your home could be occupied over occupied or not occupied at all - Just like all homes really - I just dont see the causal link. 

ABB dont publish exact locations because some people are conditioned to jump at shadows. So we've established that you would not want a sign up (like any other business) but many other do and would like to attract passing trade just like the OP

I can see that you would not want to Identify a property if it was sitting empty or maybe you were operating an Air BnB where you were not supposed to. For those of us that are doing this above board, I think we should have some sort of ID on the property. I used to have a big sign with my phone number website etc and I got some walk ins. As I got more used to Air BnB, I found they booked me up almost every night and I did not have to rely on walk ins. However I thing from a guests point of view when they are looking for the property they booked it is very welcoming to see some sort of ID on the building so they know they have reached the right spot. Chris - Kelowna B.C.