Airbnb app Calendar failure

Lou33
Level 1
Leura, AU

Airbnb app Calendar failure

Hi there, I am wondering if others are having problems with the calendar on the Airbnb app. It has been very slow to open over the last month or so, now all I see is the three waiting dots and no calendar appears at all. Thank you for your help!!!  Lou from the Blue Mountains, near Sydney.

22 Replies 22

@Lou33 the very same things was happening to me, every single time I tried to view the calendar in the iPhone app. (I am assuming you are using an iPhone?)

However, they recently released an update to the AirBnB app, and that somehow seemed to fix it.

Are you using the latest version of the app?

I pretty much do every thing from the Airbnb app on my smart phone and this happens a lot where the calendar does not open. - sometimes it does- I’ve had a “warning” from Airbnb - due to having to cancel an last minute booing due to this calendar not opening issue. This happened when I was unable to block some dates for a booking off another web site until I got back to my laptop 4 hrs later because was a double booking. Grrrr pisses me off...

LandD0
Level 2
Coogee, Australia

Yes having the same problems and it’s all updated 

Ted45
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

I have been having this problem since I joined in November. My app is up-to-date and no change.

Kristen56
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

I have had this problem consistently for months. Every other part of the app will work. I can be on WiFi or using 4G and the result is the same. I’ve tested other apps and websites while this problem is happening and have gone as far as resetting network settings and deleting and reinstalling the app and STILL this problem persists. I’ve emailed directly about this problem and I just know it must be a problem for many other hosts, but most of us (like me until) now haven’t taken the time to report. The world is going more towards mobile and I personally do not feel comfortable managing my rooms while I’m traveling because I simply CANNOT trust this app to work. It’s frustrating enough to make me want to find an alternative so that I can travel and not worry about spending an inordinate amount of time sorting through messages looking for upcoming stays. PLEASE FIX THIS 

Kay Show

hi 

Gail207
Level 1
Lahaina, HI

Yes, I have this same problem. If I delete the app and re-install it, the calendar will load, but only for a day or two. I've also tried logging into Airbnb.com on the Chrome app, but it pushes you back to the Airbnb app. Immensely frustrating.

Trish35
Level 2
Miami Beach, FL

I'm still having calendar problems on my phone Anyone know of a fix? Thanks .

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

Same here....the calendar works fine on the laptop.  As soon as I try to open it on my iphone, I just get three dots....no calendar.  😕

Jane752
Level 2
Wales, GB

im having the same problem on my pc,just three dots.

i am really annoyed i just lost a 5 day booking in June...

she has booked someone else because i could not confirm

any help would be grateful

Alan

David-and-Debbie0
Level 2
Grand Haven, MI

One of our devices now has this exact issue. Can get to the property overview under Caldendars, but tapping either property (we have 2) then just produces the infinite-loading bug.

I have deleted the App and reinstalled it twice (and restarted the iPhone of course), but no luck. Strangely, deleting the App did NOT remove my login credentials, which normally happens when you delete and reinstall an iOS app. So my guess is that deleting the AirBnB app does not clear some critical data cache somewhere and that this cache is the source of the problem.

Hopefully they can get this fixed, as my cleaners rely on their App to know when they need to clean, so this is a pretty critical bug.

Simon285
Level 2
Zürich, Switzerland

After a lo g back-and-forth, this was Airbnb‘s response:

“Regarding calendar, it's better to use the desktop, and also editing your listing ad. Because the app doesn't work really well.“

This from an online tech company! I’m so frustrated. 

Craig397
Level 1
Berkeley, CA

Yes I have had the same problem for two years. Airbnb should spend at least a couple billion they might just have lying around to fix the problem! No!

Allan17
Level 2
Broadbeach Waters, AU

I have this issue and airbnb are clueless how to repair. 

I work in the IT industry and airbnb app is the worst app ever invented. Complete failure

You think a  multi million company would have a better app than this mickey mouse one they invented.

SGAME ON YIOU AIRBNB