Airbnb app push notifications and SMS notifications not working

Brad123
Level 2
Saint John's, Canada

Airbnb app push notifications and SMS notifications not working

I just sent this message to Airbnb support. This is the second time I have had to contact them about not receiving notifications about new bookings or enquiries.

Hi

6+ months ago I contacted airbnb because I was often not getting push notifications on the app for new booking requests. I had to turn on SMS notifications as a backup which, along with email notification, worked. It seems now the past few weeks I still do not get airbnb notifications for new booking requests and no longer get SMS notifications for new booking requests. All I get are email notifications and I do not constantly check my email. So it may be hours before I notice the email. My response times are getting longer as I would usually respond within an hour even in the middle of the night. What is wrong with the app? This is the most important feature of the app and it appears other hosts in the airbnb community are complaining of the same problem.

Please advise,
Brad

13 Replies 13
Lola--Julie-and-Jessica0
Level 2
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Same thing is happening to me.

I have Samsung s5, maybe it's my phone?

I'm going to try uninstalling and then reinstalling...

Super frustrating!

Lola--Julie-and-Jessica0
Level 2
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Hi Brad,

I uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone and reinstalled. It seems to have done the trick (so far). I have received all push notifications agian!

Lola

Natalie303
Level 2
Margaret River, Australia

Yes the app is faulty, so frustrating. I have tried uninstalling etc, doing updates, checking notification settings. It sometimes works for a while but then stops again. Also my calendar doesn't load on the app. Shall I bother contacting airbnb?

Old thread, but I'm having the same problem with my airbnb mobile-app...did anyone find a solution?

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

To other hosts: I've been using/testing @Doug-and-Teri0 's website service for a few months, and I find it VERY VERY helpful. I use it for several different types of notifications, some of which have never been possible from AirBnB, plus others that compensate for the breakdown in expected notifications from AirBnB. Doug is also super-friendly and accepting of feedback. I can't recommend his website enough!

same problem here since day 1 of joining over a week ago.  I get emails but no texts or push notifications.  I've called in 5 times and get the same song and dance.

Matthew719
Level 1
Tempe, AZ

SOLVED! 

Had these problems, on Android 8.0 (Oreo) and Samsung Galaxy Note 8. 

I have notifcations  off on default on my phone so I unlock them with each app by hand. When Airbnb was bothering me, I believe I shut them off (Android settings)  when I turned them back on. Notifications for messages and inquiries wouldn't have a notification.... 

I opened the app information, cleared the cache and the data and notifications are now working like a charm

Vernon9
Level 3
Dallas, TX

I only get a standard notification sound on my new Google Pixel. Gone are the days of getting a distinct "zing" from Airbnb. My response time has gone down and I have missed bookings because of the lack of a distinct sound. Still works fine on my wife's new iPhone. Guess Airbnb only solved things for Apple products.   Why can't us Android users pick our own sound for notifications or Airbnb fix the problem?  Frustrating 😠

Rafael1102
Level 1
Costa Adeje, Spain

Hi, the same thing happen  to me. I have a Samsung galaxy S20 FE

Deanna195
Level 2
Stuart, FL

I am not getting notifications. I have reinstalled the app. Played with settings and had my daughter send me inquiries and I thought it was fixed, but no. Lady called me wanting code and I did not know she instantly booked the night before.

Sue2058
Level 1
São Paulo, Brazil

same issue with me, I dont even know how to fix it. I do not have the app, I would like to get the notifications as text messages. Just saw I lost an offer sent to me 2 days ago because it was not sent to my email nor to my text messages. 

Lizbeth17
Level 2
Goleta, CA

Same is happening with me. I took off the app and put it back on. My messages are coming in late as well... Turned off the phone waited turned it back on. Still no help.

Jurgen35
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Same here. Not getting notifications anymore, and nearly lost a booking because of this. Also, response rate is being affected! Also seems that Airbnb are not addressing this issue!