Airbnb censoring of words is causing problems with my communication with customers

Answered!
Roy19
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Airbnb censoring of words is causing problems with my communication with customers

Airbnb censors certain words in the messages app like WhatsApp and Skype. I understand why Airbnb does this but I'm having problems with this because the name of my apartment building is Skypod and this gets censored to (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)od whenever I am communicating with potential customers. This has forced me to become creative whenever I have to type out the name.

I hope that Airbnb can loosen this censorship a bit by censoring Skype with the "e" at the end and leave out instances of Skyp. I know this is a very unique circumstance but the building is becoming an important landmark in my area and it is affecting all the other Airbnb hosts in the building as well.

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Roy19,

This would be a great thing to share on Airbnb's feedback form.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Roy19,

This would be a great thing to share on Airbnb's feedback form.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks for the suggestion. I was trying to contact airbnb by email but I couldn't find out how to do that. I've left my message above as a feedback as per your suggestion.

Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

They also cut off text messages and I only get partial text messages. I lost a booking because a traveler could only receive text, she was in the mountains and had no internet connection. She couldn't see my full text message. She finally gave up, so I lost $200. 

Karen965
Level 3
Dumfries, United Kingdom

I had a nice review from my last guest in the flat over the shop.. but still puzziling at Airbnb who are taking censorship a bit far...
Always a pleasure to (Email hidden by Airbnb) fortable and relaxing. Really central and convenient for shops.

Just insert the following text instead of the bracketed text...stay at Karen's place. Com