Airbnb credit not working

Emmi1
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Airbnb credit not working

Hi

My host recently cancelled my reservation, and AirBnB gave me £14 credit plus refund. I rebooked somewhere else that was only £1 more expensive than the original booking. However now I have been charged for that £1! Why is that? What happened to the credit?

1 Reply 1

@Emmi1 - if the credit had been applied to the booking, it would have shown up as a line-item separate from the other payment.  Check your receipt, was it applied at the time and was the listing actually 15 more? 

We currently have a credit and it shows up right next to our profile picture on the desktop.  It also comes up during the check out process and we can choose to apply it or not to apply it.  

credit.JPG

When searching for rooms it shows up: 

show credit.JPG

When booking a room it shows up: 

show credit 2.JPG

And when paying you have the option to add the credit or not: 

apply credit.JPG

Also, if you go under your Account settings, there is a tab for Payment Methods.  One of the sections is for "coupons".  If the credit was actually a "coupon" you would have had to apply it to the payment during check out.  There is a "redeem coupon" link above and add in the coupon code. 

If you can't find it anywhere, go back to the email where they said they were giving it to you for the cancellation.  There may be instructions on how to redeem it.  

If none of the above work or provide you with an answer about your credit, you will need to contact Airbnb directly.