Airbnb discounts without host knowledge?

Angie140
Level 1
Daytona Beach, FL

Airbnb discounts without host knowledge?

Has anyone had this problem? I recently had a person book my stay with his son. I thought this was off so I contacted him three weeks before the stay to advise that the listing was for one room - one bed. The guy was upset and after speaking on the phone it was clear he did not read the listing and was new to the Airbnb experience. I told him that I was currently renovating the other guest bedroom but that I could provide an air mattress that was also listed in the listing at an additional price, for free. The client agreed and that was that. Well come payout day I realize that it wasn’t the full amount. I looked at the reservation again and nothing is there. Well I go to my email with the payout information and it gave the client a resolution discount of 100 bucks unbeknownst to me??!! This client got a free room and bed because they failed to read my listing that hasn’t changed since I posted the room for rent. How does that work? I feel like I should have absolutely been notified and given the option to cancel this reservation. The discount had a resolution ID number that was made three weeks ago. THREE WEEKS? No one could call me? To let me know that this person not only bamboozled me for a free room but also got a discount behind my back with Airbnb support?! That’s bs I’m sorry. If I can’t trust this company to contact me to make decisions about my listing and pricing then what is the point. 

2 Replies 2
Tobey2
Level 1
Sarasota, FL

Yes I'm seeing this exact issue it is without a doubt air bnb trying to fill beds 

Sheri76
Level 2
Houston, TX

When can I open up a ticket if I am worried about a guest?