Airbnb gave me penalty for the issue that they give permission first.

Güner1
Level 1
İstanbul, Turkey

Airbnb gave me penalty for the issue that they give permission first.

Some of my apartments have 2 rooms. First room is like a typical bedroom. And the second room is a room with a sofabed which gives my guests chance to use tha apartment as living room or bedroom, as they wish. Because when sofabeds are prepared, it is like a bedroom. When sofabeds are not prepared, it is like a living room.

I asked airbnb if i can select the second room as a bedroom. They said i can select as a bedroom. (So i selected 2 bedroom + 0 living room).

After some months, i received a guest, and he said he "Thought" it is 2 bedroom + 1living room. He didnt have any solid basic that he can think the apartment as 2 bedroom + 1 living room because i selected the rooms and bed types as my room is.

Airbnb cancelled the reservation and fully refund the guest, and gave me penalty for not complying the host standards. I ask which clause i did not comply, they didnt answer. They said i should not publich the room with a sobabed as a bedroom. I sent the "Pre-confirmation" of another airbnb staff, but they didnt accept.

It is horrible conflict of airbnb.

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You have 45 listings, @Güner1 , It would be helpful to the host community to be able to view your listing to better understand the issue you raise.  Would you mind sharing which of your listings you are referencing?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2311443

Many listings are same status. But this was the one that i wrote in my message up.