Airbnb income in two different countries

Uli26
Level 2
New York, NY

Airbnb income in two different countries

I am a host and I reside in the US. But I also have an Airbnb property in another country.

How is the income and taxes sorted in this instance? Since all my payments from Airbnb is deposited into my US bank account, is it all considered US taxable income? Or is the Airbnb income garnered in the other country considered income in that country even if I reside in the US?

(Airbnb tax dept refuses to help me!)

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Frankly, @Uli26 , as lovely and knowledgable as the hosts who post here are, I would not ever accept the professional opinion about taxes and your question. 😄  Is there some reason why your own tax accountant cannot answer this question?  There is a great article about US taxes in the Help Center prepared by an Accounting Firm that helps with other issues of short term rental income.

Thank you.

I doubt accountants have any knowledge of how and where Airbnb reports taxes from income overseas. Which is why I’m interested in hearing what experiences other hosts have had in hosting properties in more than one country and how that’s taxed. 

If you do end up finding valuable information, I would really appreciate it if you could share! I am a US citizen and a dual citizen of the Philippines where my rental property is. Any info would be helpful!