Airbnb's continuous additions of "suggestions"," tips" and "referrals" to hosts

Airbnb's continuous additions of "suggestions"," tips" and "referrals" to hosts

Please make it an option to not have to see all of your "suggestions", "tips" and "referral offers "on every page of the site after every CLICK - I am a 4 year host of several succesful properties and this internal "advertising" is getting worse and worse for hosts to log into the site and manage our listings. I am tired of clicking off everything from my pictures being too dark to my prices being to high, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP and offer an option to turn this off in our profile, I dont need Airbnb to tell me how to run my business and offer suggestions that for the most part are benefitting them. 

3 Replies 3

I agree with the comment from Brandt about constantly receiving ridiculous tips and suggestions from Airbnb when they have absolutely no idea about our local area.  I am constantly being asked to lower my price when our property is already one of the cheapest on Airbnb in our area.  I'm not interested in any of the suggestions either as they are not relevant to my listing and somtimes insulting.  How can these stupid time wasting tips and suggestions be turned off permanently?  Can anyone assist?

It's almost as annoying as the Microsoft paperclip guy popping up on your screen! Offer the tip/suggestion ONCE and give an option to "no longer see this tip." Or have these tips generated in Messages or Emails instead of in the main user interface. I'm trying to make us all money and these "commercials" are slowing me down!

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Brandt3 

Did you ever wonder if Airbnb send suggestion to themselves on how to improve the platform, members of this community constantly send Airbnb ideas and suggestion on how to improve the platform which for the most part fall on deaf ears.

I can only think of two ideas, well they were not really ideas, more common sense,

1. Having to put in dates in the booking section to establish the correct price for a stay.
  2. Putting a spell checker on CC posts, even this seem to be an inferior one.

I suggested years ago a “price matrix” which you set your base price and it either increase or decrease based on predetermined criteria, for example

Plus - add extra to the nightly price

Minus – deducts from the nightly price

1. A swimming pool “Plus”
  2. A jacuzzi “Plus”
  3. No washing machine “Minus”
  4. No dishwasher “Minus”
  5. Bedlinen supplied “Plus”
  6. Sofa Bed “minus”
  7. Hosts check in Guest “Plus”
  8. Self check-in “Minus” this is a tricky one based on guests’ expectations
  9. Large accommodation “Plus”
  10. Bathtub “Plus”
  11. Breakfast supplied “Plus”
  12. Animals allowed “Plus” within reason no horses or pet bears
  13. Strict cancellation policy “Minus”
  14. Etcetera

I suspect about one hundred items should cover everything

This would require the Host to do some homework, but if this was in existence for all hosts it would be a far better determination of price per night then I can think of, and it would give the bods at Airbnb something to work with to drive out value for everybody.