Airbnb support

Airbnb support

Hello I got a message from Airbnb support from a man called Jack, I just wanted to confirm that this came from the Airbnb support team because they tried to directly contact me instead of making a booking as protocol. Please let me know if this is a genuine message from the support team. 

The message is recieved is as follows:

“Hello William, my name is Jack and I am with Airbnb, I tried contacting you earlier by phone but could unfortunately not get a response, I hope my message reaches you here.

I am currently helping a guest, Sydney, make a new booking for the 5 people he booked as the person he booked with unfortunately could not receive his reservation.

Your listing, ... Apartments looked great and I was wondering if it would be available for tonight until tomorrow for 5 people?

Eager to hear from you,
Jack”

Kind regards, 

William Maluki Ngumbau 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@William912 

This is not Airbnb itself, but a community of hosts. In this link is a legitimate list of domains Airbnb uses to sent emails from::

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/how-do-i-know-if-an-email-is-really-from-airbnb

Hope this helps,

Emiel

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@William912  I had Airbnb calling me to fill a last minute booking before. If the message is coming from Airbnb app message to you, it is real.

In this case, normally it is due to a last minute cancellation by a host so that those guests have no where to go. We had a bad experience as a guest encountering a last minute cancellation from a host as well. I called Airbnb support and they found one alternative for me to book.

Hey Emile, 

That now makes sense I just wanted to be sure that it was a legitimate message from Airbnb. Your message has really helped, thank you