Airbnb system telling guests the wrong check in time

Airbnb system telling guests the wrong check in time

Hi!

I have my check in time set in the Airbnb system to 'Anytime after 4:00 PM'. But I have two different guests that have instant-booked, and the time frame for check in on their message says "2-4 PM".

That's a huge problem, because that is when my cleaner comes to get the place ready. I am worried that a guest is going to arrive before 4PM and find a cabin that is not ready for them.

I have called Airbnb help both times to report this issue, but so far no solution. How do I solve this problem?

Thanks for the help!

-Josh

7 Replies 7
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Margaret-and-Josh0 🙂

When a guest book he/she can tick a box with a 2 hour window telling when he/she expects to arrive. Airbnb didn't set it up so it matches the host check in time. It also really annoys me because the guest is lead to believe that the guest can decide when the guest wants to show up and check in. When ever I receive a booking were I can see that the guest ticked the box I make sure to tell the guest my check in time and ask for a more precise check in time. Best, Sandra 

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Margaret-and-Josh0 and @Sandra856, I have seen this discussed in a few threads recently. When I use Airbnb as a guest, including two different listings I just booked last week for an upcoming trip, I've never been given this option to click a check-in time.  

I also have never, as a host, received this sort of message or had anyone turn up early. I'm wondering if it's available to some as a test?

@John1080 I have received bookings where guest chose a timeframe. I will add a screenshot from the last one which is from October /November if I remember correctly. I remember notice it myself when booking all the way back in Summer 2017. When you use the app it will appear. Not sure about it if you use the computer version. 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@John1080 I found the screenshot : indtjekningstidspunkt 21.00 - 23.00 means check in time 9PM - 11 PM. 

Screenshot_20190122_145419.jpg

view1.jpg

@Sandra856, thanks for sharing. I just went in and looked at mine. It seems mine doesn't have the time. Not sure if it would appear if and when a guest chooses it on their end, but I do not recall personally ever being given the option as a guest. 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@John1080 As I remember it is an option you can choose. It doesn't happen often for me neither that guests tick the box. But I have noticed myself that it appeared to be an option when I have booked through the app. 

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Sandra856, I'll pay attention next time I'm a guest. Went through my current trips and didn't see it, but then again I didn't choose it to begin with, so it might not be available. 

Thanks for the heads up!