Alteration Request - Day before checkout

Lidi-and-Phil0
Level 1
Inverness, United Kingdom

Alteration Request - Day before checkout

Hi. 

Quick question, I have a guest who claims made a mistake and instead of wanting to stay 5 nights, she only needed 4. She sends the request on the 4th night ... well 4am just 5 hours before her desired checkout. 

A little history, she claimed there was no hot water in the shower but her setting was at 1, which is the coldest?!?! 

She was a lovely guest but a bit on cloud 9. 

We did go over her checkout date and time at check in so how does this work? 

Im afraid of a bad review. Our policy is strict for cancellation. 

What do you recommend? 

Thanks for your help!!! 

3 Replies 3
Keith-Rämsey0
Level 1
Hollywood, FL

I’ve had this happen to me before. Unfortunately for her, she’s already into the 5th day and cannot request to have it removed from the reservation. If she leaves a bad review in retaliation, Airbnb is usually very good at evaluating the situation and can remove it if it’s warranted. 

@Lidi-and-Phil0     If she leaves a bad review respond with facts,  short and sweet,  and focus on selling your place to future guests. It's often the only line of defense a host has for a petty, retalitory bad review because Airbnb may not remove it, it will all depend on who you get on the phone.  Airbnb have refused to remove dishonest, retalitory reviews from people who have never stepped foot in a listing, the guest cancelled just before arrival and didn't get a refund so took revenge.   btw:  Do not respond to private comments from a guest on the review page, it's  a mistake many hosts make,  it shows up on your review page for all to see.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lidi-and-Phil0 

well, tell her she can cancel the rest of her stay and will be refunded according to your cancelation policy 🙂