Alteration vs Cancellation as a form of opportunism.

Sean492
Level 1
Canary Islands, Spain

Alteration vs Cancellation as a form of opportunism.

There is no point in cancellation policies at all when guests can alter the length of their stays at any time without any penalties. I know hosts can decline their alteration attempt but then what? We can keep them in our home against their will as hostages and face all the perversity and a bad review? Guests can a book and block a full month if they want, and then they decide when they leave, even after one night. This should be regulated to protect hosts.

1 Reply 1
Jackie237
Level 4
Hastings, United Kingdom

You can decline the alteration and depending on your cancellation policy, if they decide to cancel then you can get your full fee but they may leave a bad review. If they choose to check out earlier than they booked for it's up to them but unless they cancel the rest of the booking, your calander will be blocked so you won't be able to get another guest in unless you do a private booking. Personally I am running a business with my Air BnB so if those night have been set aside for that guest then they should pay for them as no one else had the chance to book.