Amazing hosting experiences

An-Maré0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

Amazing hosting experiences

@Lizzy0 I am reading lots of the Conversations on the Airbnb platforms about bad hosting experiencing and issues with Airbnb.  My question everytime to myself is what do I do, not getting these bad experiences.  Do host describe their homes correctly?  Do they deliver what they offer on the site?  Are they clear about what is allowed or what not?  I know that guests are taking chances and we get unnecessary critisism due to the way the platform is developed.  

My experiences about Airbnb and my guest are so positive.  The guests that arrive are met by either me or my husband.  We are always available - interact only with guests on their request, get good service from Airbnb.  I try and meet their needs - walk the extra mile and we part  as good friends.

The conclusion I'm getting to is that the bigger your property and the more people you can host - the bigger are the chances  that guests will try and take advantage with additional guests, partying and damaging property.  The further away from your property - beech cottages, buying up property to create Airbnb's to pay the bond - these are the people complaining the most. 

Maybe Airbnb should get back to basics - it started off to create an experience within your own home.  When the property is not part of the owners house - call it something else - (any suggestions?)

I have no problem with positive criticism, but to vent all your rage in this community is getting to me.  Airbnb is our "Golden Goose" - bringing in the money!  Take charge of your own and you will have more happy experiences.  Resolve problems through the help centre. Share with us your positive solutions to problems.  That will be great to read and will make a positive contribution to all host.   🙂

2 Replies 2
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @An-Maré0  I hope you are well!

That's so great that your experiences have all been positive so far- I have to agree the same for my own private room listing.

Your conclusion is somewhat correct- the bigger the property and the more capacity it has, and a hosts distance from it does bring more potential for negative issues.

I'd say private room/on-site hosts do have the most control over their listings generally speaking, and should have less potential for issues- but any host can have a negative guest stay or a problem at any time, and the more sets of guests you host the more potential for you to have a problem at some point in time.

The nature of the community centre is that it is a safe place for sharing- a host might just want to have a rant about a negative experience, or share something uplifting and positive and everything in between.

Any community can't just be about the positive- there are downsides to being a host, problems happen and Airbnb don't always resolve them in a positive way, the help centre doesn't always provide the answer to some unique problems so hosts will come here to rant, complain, ask for help and advice or just let off some steam.

So far I haven't had a negative experience that has made me want to complain or have a rant- I always aim to contribute and support in a constructive and positive way here, and I am sure you are the same- but I hope that if I find myself in that position I have a group of people that will let me get it out of my system and help lift me up 🙂

Best wishes

Paul.

An-Maré0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

@Paul1255 Hello Paul

Most definately I agree with you.  Maybe our community must get an added button with an angry face where we can all vent our nightmares and bad experiences in a save community.  It is just this ongoing complaining and complaining with no positive solutions to the problems that is getting to me here in beautiful Cape Town today.  Maybe Africa is making us stronger 🙂