Amenties Guidelines for Long Term Guests

Dottie0
Level 2
Taguig, Philippines

Amenties Guidelines for Long Term Guests

Hi Everyone, would like your help.  I have a long term guest who for the very first time really uses my amenties such as shampoo and soap.  I have stated in my amenities that they will get the essentials (towel, toilet paper and soap) and shampoo.  My question is, is this only provided upon check in? My guest is asking if I can "refill" the shampoo and soap, plus give her more tissue paper and provide her new towels.  She will be staying for 2 months and she is just at her first week.  Most of my guests bring their own supplies so, I haven't really encountered a situtation like this.  Should i offer a weekly refill of supply with fresh towels for free or charge her?  Would love to hear your advise!

2 Replies 2

@Dottie0

I think it is something you should have discussed with the guest in advance - if you state you provide essentials then it is my opinion that this should be provided during the entire reservation period regardless of length of stay. If you provide a certain amount regardless of length of stay, then you should clearly explain that you only provide some basics to get them started but they need to buy their own after what you provide runs out.

I usually have guests staying for up to 4 months and I provide shampoo, conditioner, soap, TP for the entire stay. I also handle laundry of towels and bedding so I give guests a new, clean towels to last them a week and I provide bedding/sheet changes every 2 weeks. I also usually do a quick vacuum of the guest room floor and under the bed once a week. All of this is factored into my price.

Long-term guests need a different set of rules and expectations. You may want to have a quick chat with the guest, just be honest and nice about being new with long-term guests and so there should be some clarification about housekeeping and house rules in general. Talk about the guest's expectations as well as your own, and I'm sure you will be able to find a nice compromise. I had to go thru this with my first long-term guest as well and luckily, she was really nice and understanding that Henry and I were new hosts (she was also a 1st time Airbnb guest) and helped us set many of our ground rules.

Just my personal opinion, provide the TP and towels but tell her the shampoo/soap are provided only once at the begining and after it runs out, guests are expected to supply their own. Just appologize saying you are sorry this was not clearly covered in the listing description. (You could say you rarely get long term guests and all prior guests always supplied their own amenities so you must have forgotten to mention this.)

Good luck~!

Hi Jessica!  Thanks for the advise, will take you on the approach of having a different set of rules for my long terms guests.  Actually, she's not my first long term guest, it just so happened she is the first guest (OVERALL) that really used my free amenities.  Surprising as it may sound, almost all my guests I guess brought their own supply, that is why I didn't how to "handle" this situation. Super thanks again!! 🙂