Android App / Notes disappeared

Thomas704
Level 2
Teltow, Germany

Android App / Notes disappeared

I sometimes block periods in the calendar with the app. It is very beneficial if I can take notes of why I have blocked this period.
Since yesterday I can't take notes anymore. The necessary button simply disappeared. If I log in via a browser, the button is still there. But no more about the app. What's going on?

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Thomas, what is going on is probably another glitch..

Unfortunatelly, IT sector (or whoever gets paid for all those brilliant "improvements") obviously never use this platform, at least not as hosts. It is very user-unfriendly and it constantly changes (usually to worse.) I feel like a blind chicken trying to find a grain 😛

For example, I use "rule sets" (on PC) for certain days before and after each reservation to avoid a 1-night gaps between them.

Since the last month I can't access "rule sets" from multi-calendar anymore, I have to go to each listing's calendar to set it ( btw, way too many clicks and way too much time is needed to set it)

Once set, I can see the "rule set" and edit it from the multi-calendar.

Thomas704
Level 2
Teltow, Germany

It's a pity Airbnb doesn't invest more care in this. I was actually very satisfied with the app. With the note function I was able to tell my cleaning team how many guests came who booked directly or via another platform. Now I have to log in with my browser to enter this. I will probably have to buy a Channel Manager after all.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Yes, @Thomas704  it seems the sector in charge of running this platform cares more about their profit then how user-friendly their product is.

Airbnb web design looks pretty at first glance but when you start using it you soon realize how unpractical and unfriendly it is. Way too much scrolling, too much clicking, too much useless information, too much glitches, testings, changes... and too time consuming.

Thomas704
Level 2
Teltow, Germany

Yes, this criticism is justified, but it doesn't really help us. Airbnb brings me a lot of customers and I think that's good. However, it is unnecessary if useful functions are disabled, such as this note function in the app, especially if it is still present in the browser version. This does not follow any logic. But I trust Airbnb to develop the software further. I have now purchased a Channel Manager and can recommend it to anyone.

Simon285
Level 2
Zürich, Switzerland

While I can still see my notes on my computer, both my Airbnb app and my co-hosts app give error messages when we want to consult the notes on our smartphones. Which makes hosting on the go very difficult. Excuses, excuses from Airbnb. Engineers working on issue, blah, blah. I'm thinking of giving up Airbnb. They don't sell a product, they provide a technology platform - but the technology keeps glitching and glitching.