Animals, Pet Bond, Minimum Night Stays Australia

Answered!
Victoria576
Level 3
Western Australia, Australia

Animals, Pet Bond, Minimum Night Stays Australia

Hi everyone. This is a post mostly directed to Australians, but I am finding I am either getting over 1 week bookings or 1 night stays, which are hardly worth it because AirBnB is flooded in my area Scarborough therefore the prices are really driven down. I would love as many opinions as possible from experienced hosts as to whether they set minimum night stays over school holidays, public holidays & summer (considering my place is in a high tourist / beach spot).

Also, I have had a few dogs wreck things. How do I set a Pet Bond? I haven't even been charging a cleaning fee or security deposit at this stage. My guests have mostly been wonderful, but one ate my $250 iron because the guests basically dropped their dog and left immediately, tore up an outdoor mattress (it looked as though it had been snowing in WA) and also destroyed a very sentimental home decor piece. Also, I find it takes me at least 3 vacuums for people that have longer haired pets. I know I can charge additional for excess 2 guests, but can I charge a separate fee, a small one for bringing animals ?

1 Best Answer
Jesse230
Level 2
Australia

I would just include any damage from a pet as part of the security bond - you can set this to any amount you like. And add a cleaning fee. Other than that I have seen people simply specify in their listing description any additional charges for pets or extra cleaning. Once a booking is confirmed, you are able to send and request money from the guest via Airbnb in the reservation details page.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Jesse230
Level 2
Australia

I would just include any damage from a pet as part of the security bond - you can set this to any amount you like. And add a cleaning fee. Other than that I have seen people simply specify in their listing description any additional charges for pets or extra cleaning. Once a booking is confirmed, you are able to send and request money from the guest via Airbnb in the reservation details page.