App Error - Payment deducted but nothing reflected on AirBNB

Leigh39
Level 2
Roodepoort, South Africa

App Error - Payment deducted but nothing reflected on AirBNB

I am trying to find contact information for AirBNB but that seems impossible and I cannot find a help email to send my issue to, which is quite frustrating.

So, I made a reservation earlier and the payment was deducted from my bank account but I received an app error and the record of my reservation has disappeared completely.

So I need to know whether the reservation will be corrected or whether I will receive my money back? I have requested that the owner of the property hold my reservation until I can resolve the issue with AirBNB but that seems impossible because I have no idea how to contact them.

Is anybody able to help please?

Thanks,

Leigh

12 Replies 12
Julius-Gabriel0
Level 1
Quezon City, Philippines

Was this resolved? I got the same issue.

Hi Julius,

Yes, the issue was resolved in a few days.

Thanks,

Leigh

How did you resolve it? I have this issue now 

How u resolved it maam? I am in the same issue

same issue kabayan. how do you resolve the problem?

Hi kabayan, have u resolved the issue? How po?

Pls reply

Brittney16
Level 1
Ohio, United States

I am having the same issue! Please help! Been on the phone with customer service waiting for 30 mins! I am terrified to click book again, in fear it would charge me twice! I can't afford that to happen. 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Brittney16

Twitter:

Step 1: Log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them.

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response.

Thank you soooo much! I really appreciate it! The issue was resolved!! 🙂

Emily877
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi,

please can anybody advise how long it took for the issue to be resolved & how long it took for the refund to be processed? I have been charged twice with no booking confirmed (due to Airbnb error message glitch). 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Emily877,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

Have you tried looking at your account from desktop view, as you are likely to find more information this way. If not, I would recommend contact our Support Team, as they will be able to see the status of your payment and when the refund is expected to arrive back into your account (I think it's usually about 5 days once it's requested). 

Here is a useful Community Guide on the different ways to contact the Support Team directly.

I hope you get this sorted soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Emily877
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response! I have called your support and they have advised me that it has been escalated to a special dept to deal with. I have been receipted for 2 payments but have no reservation due to the website glitch. I am awaiting to hear back from support but have been given no timeframe for this. I would assume they will just need to initiate the refund process however I don’t know when I should expect to hear back?

And then it looks like from your approximation it will be an additional 5 days for the refund to drop into my account. 

Is there any department i can I can speak to to chase the refunds or is this impossible?

thanks!