Appeal bad review

Ian505
Level 2
Xàbia, Spain

Appeal bad review

Hi

I'm a superhost and have just been given a very bad review from a group of girls that stayed in my home. 

They were told due to cleaning could not bookin before 15:00 but phoned at 12:30 asking if they could come along, I said no as cleaning lady was here but if they wanted could bring bags. They didn't bother, but clearly when they turned up wasn't happy.

I then had to send a message asking them to lock the gate when leving the house for secruity reasons, I got a very stroppy message back saying it was wide open when they got there, it wasn't it was unlocked but closed. 

Because of them getting "told" off they have left a very unfair review and I'm not happy. 

What can I do ?

thanks
Ian

2 Replies 2
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ian505 the only thing you can do is respond to their review. Keep in mind that your responce is for the future guests so keep it short, factual and polite. You have many excellent reviews, one bad won't have that much effect of future guests as you imagine it would. And it will get buried under many new good ones so it isn't worth upsetting over it. 

Ian505
Level 2
Xàbia, Spain

thanks, its just very annoying when people post bad comments  about distance the house it from beach when it says in the details - plus other comments not correct

seems AirB&B are more in favour of users rather than hosts