Are there apartment buildings that allow a businesses to use their unit as an Airbnb?

Tony123
Level 1
Orange, CA

Are there apartment buildings that allow a businesses to use their unit as an Airbnb?

I’m looking to rent a home or apartment. And sub lease it on Airbnb . I have 3 homes on Airbnb that I own , but would like to obtain more rental properties by renting them. Is this a feasible idea or not . Any advice would help .

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I suggest you go through a rental agent for this issue.  Many owners do not allow STR due to insurance, but there might be some that do.  Good luck!

Tony123
Level 1
Orange, CA

Thanks for the response ! 

A rental agent like a real estate agent ? 

Many real estate agents handle client rentals, but I think someone in the business of rentals might have more options for you.  Perhaps another category would be a property manager.  good luck

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Of course it is feasible @Tony123 but increasingly landlords don't want to sublet their properties for third party hosts to run them as Airbnbs, particularly in areas that have restrictions on STRs.

I suggest you do some business research to help you understand the best channels you can use to approach those who might have places they might want to sub let in areas that you want to operate in. This is more likely to be through your own personal networks, by approaching your local estate agents, property developers etc.

Alternatively look at co-hosting.