As a Superhost I am not happy with Airbnb. They are not supporting me if I have issues with a guest.

Kristen2
Level 2
Uki, Australia

As a Superhost I am not happy with Airbnb. They are not supporting me if I have issues with a guest.

As a Superhost my llast guest gave me a good review however they accidentally used the wrong town as the place where I live. It was a good review however when I contacted Airbnb and asked them to correct it they removed the review altogether.

This is contrary to my previous guest who turned out to be not very nice (this does not happen often)  she said some things that weren’t true on her review. I contacted Airbnb about it and what did they do...they left her comments on the Website and removed my response  to my guest. 

Airbnb said they can’t remove her review only my review.

That is contrary to what is happening this time where Airbnb have removed a very good review written by my guests who “accidentally put the wrong town” in as my address.

Airbnb’s solution instead of just correcting the name of my he town I they have

removed my guests review altogether

In other words Airbnb are not supporting me as a Superhost. I believe Airbnb has become so big the owners have lost track of what is happening,,,, Beware!!!

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In your last situation I would have said to Airbnb to leave the review and just written a reply to the review to confirm which town you are in @Kristen2 

@Kristen2   I don't see why Airbnb needed to be involved in either case. If a guest writes a positive review that happens to contain an incorrect piece of information, all you need to do is post a Host Response correcting it. 

Negative reviews are harder to respond to, and one common mistake hosts make out of anger is to forget that the audience for these remarks is prospective guests. The most professional way to respond to a negative review (if at all) is to approach the subjective feedback with grace while offering corrections or clarifications to any details that were factually inaccurate. If the review isn't clearly against the content policy (K-----'s review doesn't appear to be) there's no reason to call Airbnb about it. Their service lines are understaffed and overstretched as it is, and you don't want them to be tied up with this stuff when you have a real emergency.