Australia host payment method

Australia host payment method

I am setting up hosting in Australia, for the payment method I have selected direct transfer. The process then asks for IBAN and smart code. Smart code for my bank is ok, however banks don't have IBAN in Australia. Without the IBAN the page errors and I cannot progress. I have tried using my bank account details but that still does not work. Can anyone help?

7 Replies 7
Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Martyn6

Have you tried the BSB?  Or maybe it is the swift code?  You can find this through Google.  It is so long since we set up I do not recall but it is likely one of these.

Lisa

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi

The IBAN is a long number that uses all your account numebrs (swift code / bank code / account number)

Your bank statement should show it - the IBAN is unique to you, and every bank in the world uses it.

I hope this helps

Every bank in the world doesnt use it. 

Australia doesnt use it

Jacki10
Level 1
Orange, Australia

Did you find the answer to your question Martin? I’m having the same problem.

Kendall24
Level 1
Perth, Australia

Hello! Did you find a solution to this?

Billa0
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Same problem here my bank does not provide an iban number and entering bsband account number combined does not work on Airbnb form .  Cannot progress-  can someone from Airbnb actually assist here? 

I had the same problem. 

The solution is not to use the Airbnb app.  

If you go to Airbnb’s official website you will not get asked for Iban or Swift code.

Here they will ask for BSB & account number.