Awaiting payment on a check in date

Lily241
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Awaiting payment on a check in date

Please help! 

I’m new to AirBnb and a guest booked last night for only 1 night and scheduled to check in today in about 5 hours. The booking status is awaiting payment and Airbnb allows another 7 hours to finalise payment. I contacted the guest but no response yet. Should I let her stay? 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lily241  You should contact Airbnb to say you are still seing that the payment from the guest hasn't been made and that unless they can assure you that they have secured payment, you obviously can't allow her to stay. Also let them know that she is not answering your messages. Don't let them put it down as a host cancellation, though, you'll be punished for that.

I would suggest that you set your advance notice for 2 days on your calendar. That way, you won't get these last-minute bookings that may or may not be paid. There have been posts here from hosts who haven't been paid although the guest stayed, for exactly the same scenario that is happening to you right now.

Thank you Sarah

Monique241
Level 3
George Town, Malaysia

IMG_20190608_130906.png

May I suggest that you set your advance notice to at least 1 day and Yes for reservation request. By doing this, guest who intends to last minute booking cannot instant book, and when they send the request, you can use web version to check whether they have made the payment, reject them if they are not.