BEWARE OF SUPERHOST REWARDS

Answered!

BEWARE OF SUPERHOST REWARDS

We have been super hosts for over 6 years with 50 properties listed. We won an award for a free photography session and we decided to update some photos. We were still charged the $143. We have been dealing with this issue for over 30 days (June 26th). We were promised by Airbnb support that a supervisor would call us with in 24 to 48 hours. 3 phone calls over 5 days and no supervisor has ever called us! This has been "escalated" numerous times from numerous agents and divisions, all eventually saying this is not their problem. Adding insult to injury, we have been asked to provide proof that we even had that reward by every single agent who has talked to us. Luckily we archive every email and were able to prove each time. Adding more insult to injury, the photos are not even there! They were upoaded and then removed. This issue still has not been resolved. We will not use a "free reward" ever again. 

1 Best Answer
Martin3309
Level 2
Portland, OR

I'm dealing with the same situation right now. I took Airbnb up on the reward for professional photography and scheduled a session through the site. After the session, I was charged for it. So far they are refusing to honor the reward. Hard to believe!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

No comment ...

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Nic--Alex--and-David0  As Linda Evangelista famously said, "I won't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day."

Is all that time you're spending worth $143?

It is. It is the principle of Airbnb. If every host had the same mentailty and they did this to everyone, they would make millions. I am not in the business of paying for services that were not recieved. This was just a warning for all the other super hosts. DO as you will, but just know its a scam. 

Martin3309
Level 2
Portland, OR

I'm dealing with the same situation right now. I took Airbnb up on the reward for professional photography and scheduled a session through the site. After the session, I was charged for it. So far they are refusing to honor the reward. Hard to believe!