BLOCK GUESTS

BLOCK GUESTS

IS THERE A WAY TO BLOCK GUESTS ON AIRBNB THAT YOU DONT WANT TO STAY IN THE FUTURE?

7 Replies 7
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the Community Center @David847

Perhaps this might help https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2020/how-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

Could you let me know if it worked? 

Thanks,

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Quincy 

It is known this Help file is outdated and blocking does not work. I recently experienced it too.

@Quincy  Not only is this Help link outdated, many others are as well. Perhaps you could strongly suggest to Airbnb that when they make changes in the platform, that they update the Help links pertaining to those things at the same time.

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@David847    The answer to your question is no.  We used to have a "block" button, but Airbnb, in its infinite wisdom, removed it.  The only way you an block people now, is by reporting them.  But then the issue becomes the few choices that you are given as to why you are reporting them.  They are never applicable, so  you might as well forget about it.   Airbnb has been steadily chipping away at the rights of us hosts, leaning more and more towards the guests, it has become pretty frustrating for a lot of us.

Teresita-Java0
Level 3
CDO, Philippines

@David847 

The answer to your question is yes!!!  You are not working for AirBnB, so take control of your own listings by switching off Instant Booking (if on) and when guest send a request, you ask for full name and address and compare to your private blacklist. AirBnB is doing 2 things for you; advertising your listing and collecting the payment...the rest is yours.

Regards

Per Java

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

You can block someone:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/HOW-TO-BLOCK/m-p/976977

The guest will not be able to contact you any longer.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Emiel1 @Sarah977, I will pass this on to the team! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen